Court Lane Infant School is a large Infant School with a potential maximum number on roll of 360. It is situated in Cosham, which is in the north of the City of Portsmouth.
The large catchment area consists almost entirely of residential development. It is bounded by Eastern Road and Aberdare Avenue to the east, Northern Road and London Road to the west, the railway to the south, part of Havant Road and a small area of Widley on Portsdown Hill to the north.
The school is maintained by the Education Department of Portsmouth City Council Unitary Authority. It is a non-denominational Infant School for girls and boys from four years old to seven years old.
In the last ten years the school has undergone an extensive building re-development project which has replaced the former buildings with eight new classrooms, each with additional computer areas and art areas, a new library, a technology area, physiotherapy treatment room, two disabled toilets, two new toilet areas, and a music and drama room. The school also has a further four classrooms which were built in the 1930's. The school and site is easily accessible by wheelchair.
The school landscape has been redeveloped. There is a purpose-built play area for Year R children with safety surfacing and there is a play area for Year 1 and Year 2 children. In the North East of the school site there is a garden area. In September 2005 a new entry area with administrative offices, a new medical room and Headteacher's & Deputy Headteacher's rooms was completed together with a car park for staff and visitors. Landscaping at the front entrance to the school and in the children's play areas was completed in the Autumn of 2006. In 2010 a major building project involved the complete refurbishment of the Year R toilets, the replacement of the Year R classroom windows and the hall windows, the rebuild of the staffroom and the addition of more staff toilets.