The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools so that they can support their disadvantaged pupils and close the attainment gap between them and their peers. The documents here show how we spend this additional funding.
Currently, pupils in Years 1 and 2 as well as Reception children all receive free school meals, these are paid by government funding. This provision is called Universal Free School Meals or UFSM.
In addition to this funding, parents in low income families or those that are unemployed can also apply for Pupil Premium funding so that their children can receive free school meals in subsequent school years (Year 3 and onwards). Pupil Premium funding can also give children access to some discounted educational trips and events throughout their school years.
Please read on to find out how to check if you are eligible and if so, how to apply for this financial support.
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
If you qualify, your child/children can receive free school meals and reduced costs towards some after school activities (e.g. Dance, Football, Cookery clubs) or curriculum enrichment opportunities such as learning to play an instrument or join the Rock band. If you are registered for Pupil Premium you may also get help with the cost of day trips and residential trips. In addition to the above support, you will also receive financial help with the cost of your child's first school uniform.
For every child registered, Court Lane Infant and Junior School gets £1,320 this year. This additional funding allows us to provide an even better education for your child through the purchase of additional resources or staff to support learning.
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of these benefits:
Please note you are not eligible if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit.
1. Registering is really quick and easy – you can apply online at https://portsmouth.cloud.servelec-synergy.com/SynergyWeb/ and get an immediate answer. If you are eligible, your child’s school will be notified within 5 working days.
2. If your application is successful, please complete our schools form (shown below) and return to the school office.
3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal, saving you more than £400 a year.
4. If you don’t want your child to have the free school meals, they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, you still get discounts for some educational activities from the £1,320 extra the school receives.
5. If you have any problems with applying for this support, please call in our school office on 02392 378890 or for Juniors 02392 375444
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Alternatively if you would like either of the Court Lane Schools to check on your behalf, call in to either of the school’s offices. Note we will need parent’s name, parent’s date of birth and parent’s national insurance number.
Your help and co-operation is greatly appreciated.